TABLE SALT VS. SEA SALT

TABLE SALT VS. SEA SALT
Photo Credit: Health Freedom Alliance


"I call it the Great Salt Debate. Are you wondering if table salt or sea salt can be healthy? If either convey health benefits? If either table salt or sea salt can be harmful to your health?

Just as a deer in nature seeks out salt licks because its body knows it needs that salt to thrive, our bodies need salt and its components to function well.

No wonder I craved salt so much in my late 20’s and 30’s; I was craving its nutrients! Iodine is required by the thyroid to synthesize hormones and to regulate the metabolism. When I got Hashimoto’s Disease I had hypothyroidism, partially signified by poor sleep (hormones gone awry) and weight gain (metabolic imbalance). My thyroid was not getting enough iodine! Although iodine supplementation is controversial, it was obvious I was deficient.

Craving salt is also a sign of adrenal fatigue. Many of our body’s organs require salt to function properly."

Read more...

No comments: