A Phytonutrient-Dense Herb
'There is also a large amount of literature suggesting that cilantro could be one of nature's best chelation agents, particularly for individuals who have been exposed to heightened levels of mercury. Mercury excess is a common problem that may be the result of metallic teeth fillings or over-consumption of predatory fish. Many people suffering from excess mercury report that the feeling of disorientation resulting from the poisoning can be greatly reduced through consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period.
Also, the rich qualities of cilantro oil have a powerfully positive effect on our inner digestive tract. The oils aid our digestive system in its production of digestive enzymes, acids and juices. The oil also helps to stimulate digestion through peristaltic motion.'
Rollin' Oats Cilantro Pesto
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, tightly packed
- 2/3 cup Baby Spinach, tightly packed
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, except for the oil.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Slowly add in the the oil, and process until fully blended, scraping down the sides as necessary.